Skip to main content
WHERE DOES YOUR DONATION GO?
Our charity benefiting from the generosity of Sylvia Park customers by donating to have their gifts wrapped this Christmas is the Mental Health Foundation. Read on to find out more about the Mental Health Foundation and how they will use the donations:
The Mental Health Foundation
A little bit about them: Established in 1977, the Mental Health Foundation of New Zealand is a charity that works towards creating a country where everyone can enjoy positive mental health and wellbeing — a place, where those who do have mental health challenges, are still hopeful, connected to others and can voice how they want to be treated. We do this by:
- Influencing policy makers to create a better mental health system.
- Working with media to report on suicide and related issues safely and responsibly.
- Facilitating grants to support projects that challenge mental distress discrimination.
- Partnering with organisations to support positive mental wellbeing among targeted audiences.
- Creating and distributing nearly one million free mental health resources each year.
- Promoting suicide prevention resources to support those at risk, and those concerned about someone else.
- Pointing people in the right direction to get the mental health support they need.
- Running nationwide mental health promotion campaigns like Mental Health Awareness Week and Pink Shirt Day.
Did you know that your Internet Explorer browser is out of date? To get the best experience on our website we recommend that you upgrade your browser.